Day 13:Zanzibar Town
In the morning we will show you Stone Town on our Historical Stone Town Tour. This tour takes you through fabled Stone Town, where history appears to stand still. With visits to the Anglican Church and the Arab Fort amongst others, it is a fascinating look at the essence of Zanzibar. You will see Zanzibar’s bustling market, winding alleyways, ornately carved and studded doors, two cathedrals and countless mosques!
Overnight at House of Spices or Dhow Palace Hotel. Breakfast included.
Optional excursions from Stonetown can be easily arranged on request, for instance:
* Classical Concert with dinner at the Ruins of the old Sultan’s Palace at Mtoni (Tue & Fri)
* boat trip to Prison Island to visit the famous Giant Tortoises and some snorkeling
* Snorkeling trip at Bawe and the famous, snow white sandbank (with lunch)
* Dolphin trip at Kizimkazi
* Great Zanzibar Island Trip with Jambiani Village Tour, visits at the Seaweed Center in Paje and the Zanzibar Butterfly Center
* Zanzibar Flora & Fauna Tour with visits to Jozani Forest, the turle conservation project, Zanzibar Butterfly Center, Zala Reptile Park and canoeing on Pete Creek
Tours are private (except the Classical Dinner Concert at Mtoni Palace) and rates depend on the number of participants. Please request rates and descriptions.